The Lake Creek Historical Society will host a Cascade Civil War Society educational weekend at the Lake Creek Pioneer Hall, Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24. Hours will be 10-4 on Saturday and 10-2 p.m. on Sunday.
- Learn about state’s rights and how we lost so much of it during the Civil War period.
- Learn how every state from South Carolina to Oregon was impacted by the Civil War.
- Learn why Civil War re-enactors are so passionate about their hobby.
- Learn about the life of a soldier.
- Learn how women would communicate with simply a wave of their fan.
- Learn how the news got from the battlefield to the public.
Men’s guns and gear will be demonstrated Saturday at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. There will be a lady’s fashion show Saturday at 1 p.m.
For more information, go to their web site at www.ccws.us or call 826-1513. To reach Pioneer Hall, take Hwy. 140 to the 12.5 mi. marker and follow the signs.