The Upper Rogue Independent has been serving residents of the seven Upper Rogue communities as a reliable source of information for over 30 years. Knowledge and interest in the area is extensive with all employees residents of the circulation area. The newspaper was begun by Mark Flint because he saw the need to focus on communication in the Upper Rogue area. That focus has been maintained through the years and has earned the newspaper respect throughout the county.
- Assoc. Member Oregon Newspaper Association
- Member Eagle Point Chamber of Commerce
- Member Chamber of Medford Jackson County
- Member Eagle Point Economic Development Commission
- Member Eagle Point Community Association
- Member Eagle Point Historical Society
The Upper Rogue Independent is published each Tuesday and mailed to subscribers. Its primary coverage area is White City, Eagle Point, Shady Cove, Trail, Prospect and Butte Falls–which encompasses the northern end of Jackson County.
The newspaper also runs a printing service with a top-of-the line color and black & white machine. Scanning, faxing, photocopies. Large and small jobs.
Office hours for both the newspaper and print service are 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
About our staff:
In the office:
- Beverly McKechnie is the current bookkeeper and helps out as part of the office staff.
- Ralph McKechnie- Editor and owner. He bought the paper in June of 2012 before that he was a reporter, photographer and most recently book author. He specializes, but is not totally limited to, agriculture and ag-related stories. He has been with the Independent for six years.
- Winnie Earl- Winnie is the courier for the URI and is the first person you encounter when you enter the office..